Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Future Has Arrived!!!

So, last saturday I came home from spending a day up on campus for a review and then a test.  When I got home I had nothing to do, my friends were all gone, my homework was done, and I didn't want to do any cleaning or laundry, so I turned the TV on and decided to just watch whatever was on.  I found a movie that was playing and decided to finish it.  It was "Meet the Robinsons."  It is a cute movie and has some good morals in it.  At the end of the movie as the credits came a song came on that really caught my attention.  The song is called "The Future Has Arrived" by The All-American Rejects.  That song has become one of my new favorites.  I love the feeling of power and strength and happiness that comes when I am listening to or singing the song. 

For the last little while I have really been feeling like I am where I belong.  I feel like I am where I am need to be for school and I am where I need to be for the social and spiritual support and I am where I need to be for work.  I have really felt like for me "the future has arrived" and I am ready to be in it.  Before now I was feeling so lost and out of place; I didn't feel like I knew what was going on around me.  It's hard to feel like you don't belong and that there is no hope of belonging.  I've been there and felt that, but now I'm excited for what's to come. 

My favorite part in the song is where right before the chorus they sing "It's time to create, time to grow if you feel right.  The world, yeah, she's changin', don't it make you feel alive? The future has arrived."  That is where I am right now.  My future is here and I am ready to grow and ready to create.  I am ready to feel alive!!!



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!! I also love the song little wonders by rob thomas that is in it.

    ReplyDelete